We are returning to the basics – 20 paddler boats and a 500 meter race course. Depending on the number of entrants, we might have at least one 250meter heat. Our goal is to have two qualifying heats, semi-finals and finals.
As always, the river will be a part of your race challenge. Community Teams will race a 250meter course.
We can help match your team with another team in the same boat. (no laughing)
Before registering, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Races are 500 meters on the Willamette River. The start point is the south side of the Marion Street bridge connecting West Salem with Salem downtown, the finish line is south of the Riverfront Park dock.
Club teams may enter either Women’s and/or Mixed divisions.
Community Teams will race as Mixed Teams.
- One 20-Person Team after May 15: $700
- One 20-Person Team on or before May 15: $600
-Community Team (20-Person Team): $300
Community Team registration includes 3 practices with a coach & steer.
Please make checks payable to Salem Multicultural Institute and send to:
Salem Multicultural Institute
RE: Dragon Boat Races
P.O Box 4611
Salem, OR 97302
Click here to pay registration fees online!
(3% processing fees apply)
Click here to view race brackets.
Day-of-Event Check-in will open at 7:30am PST
- Morning volunteers to check in no later than 8:15am PST - Shift is 8:15am - 12:15pm
- Captain’s meeting is scheduled for 8:30am PST
- Marshalling to begin at 8:30am PST
- Race time begins at 9am PST
- Afternoon volunteers to check in no later than 12noon PST - Shift is 12noon - Final Race
-Each team is guaranteed 3 heats - Our goal is 4 Heats.
Each team must provide two volunteers as a part of their registration. Volunteers will be contacted separately by the race organizers.